Release from Liability
I hereby agree to assume all risks attendant upon myself and/or my child while participating in any class at A Step Above Dance Studio, LLC. I hereby waive, release, and discharge any and all claims for damages for death, personal injury or property damage which I or my child may have, or which may hereafter accrue to me or my child, as a result of my child’s participation in any class at A Step Above Dance Studio, LLC. I agree to save and hold harmless from liability A Step Above Dance Studio, LLC. and any of their teachers or volunteers by reason of death, injury or damages to persons or property, which my child or I may suffer while participating in class.
Video and Photograph release
I understand and agree that A Step Above Dance Studio reserves the right to take and use videos and photos of participants, free of charge, to be used for publicity purposes in A Step Above Dance Studio’s annual dance recital program and/or other media publications.
I fully understand that A Step Above Dance Studio’s instructors, agents, and employees are not physicians or medical practitioners of any kind. With the above in mind, I hereby release and grant permission to the A Step Above Dance Studio’s Staff to render temporary first aid to my child in the event of any injury or illness, and if deemed necessary by the A Step Above Dance Studio Staff to call a doctor to seek medical help, including transportation by an A Step Above Dance Studio Staff member, whether paid or volunteer, to any health care facility or hospital, or the calling of an ambulance for said child should the A Step Above Dance Studio Staff deem this to be necessary.
1. Tuition: Tuition is due on the 7th of each month. We accept credit card and personal checks for payment. If you decide to pay with a credit card we can place you on Auto Pay and your card will automatically be charged by the 7th of each month. If you do not wish to be placed on Auto Pay, you must contact the Office Manager, either in person or at the front desk, or by phone/email, by the 7th of each month to charge your card on file. All families with students enrolled in on-going classes MUST have a credit card on file with the front desk regardless of if they do not choose Auto Pay.
2. Late Fee’s: Tuition is considered late if not paid by the 7th. You may pay for classes early if you know that you will miss the first week of class. If tuition is not paid by the 7th of any given month, a late fee of $10 will be assessed. If tuition is not paid by the 15th of any given month, a late fee of $25 will be assessed and the student will not be allowed to participate in any further classes until tuition and late fees are paid in full. If your credit card on file is not on auto-pay, you will be notified by email and given 48 hours to submit payment before the credit card is charged. Please note that the first late fee will be assessed during this 48 hours of time given to submit payment.
3. Refund Policy: There are NO REFUNDS for tuition, registration, recitals, costumes, and tuition related fees.
4. Registration Fee: A $30 yearly registration fee is due March of each year per family. If this fee is not paid by the tuition due date (March 7th of each year), then your child will be dropped from their class. This is a non-refundable fee. Please note that if your card is on auto-pay with us, this fee will automatically be taken out on the 7th with your child’s tuition.
5. Pro-rating: We do not prorate classes for existing students. NO EXCEPTIONS. Only new students that start outside of the first week of the month will be prorated.
6. Returned Checks: Any check that is returned will be subject to $25 fee.
7. Cancelation of classes: I understand and agree that A Step Above Dance Studio reserves the right to cancel any or all classes, and should a class be cancelled, I will receive a full refund.
Code of Conduct
Every dancer will need to be respectful of all students and teachers. We will not tolerate any physical or verbal abuse, including “name calling” or “bullying” by any student. If a student disrupts the safety of other students in the class they will be asked to leave without refund. All students must also show respect to the property of others. Any intentional damage to or theft of such property or class equipment will not be tolerated and could result in the student’s dismissal from class without refund. All ASA dance teachers will make sure the classroom is a safe environment by upholding these rules and regulations. If a student does not abide by these rules they may be asked to discontinue dance classes until they can use appropriate behavior. At any time, we reserve the right to refuse service based on the above mentioned.
Class Make Up
Your student has the option to make up a scheduled class due to an excused absence.
Excused Absences are:
-Severe injury or death in the family
-Severe personal injury
-Seriously ill requiring a doctor’s visit
-Scheduled school programs or performances required for credit
-Wedding or religious event
They may make up the dance class by taking the same class at a different time. Please visit or contact the front desk to determine the right class. Refunds will not be issued for missed classes. Class make ups can only be used when the student is enrolled in the class. If your student decides to drop for any reason and returns after any amount of time, your student will no longer be eligible to use their class make up. Class make-ups must be completed within the month of the missed class. NO EXCEPTIONS!
*During May and June of each year, there will be no make up classes allowed due to our annual recital preparations.
Throughout the year, there is a lot of information that is communicated to our families. We utilize many avenues to communicate information.
Email – Please add info@asadancestudio to your email list. We regularly send email and newsletter updates.
Website – Basic
studio info, including staff contact info can be found here.
Lobby – We always post urgent and vital information in each one of our lobbies.
Social media – We have a Facebook and Instagram page that we update with events, our Company team performance dates, and recitals.
We will have a recital every year during the month of June. In order for students to participate in the recital, they must be enrolled in classes by January and stay enrolled in class every month up to the recital. Students will only be allowed to miss three class starting January through the recital date.
Placement in Classes
A Step Above Dance Studio, LLC. and it’s instructors will place students in classes. We feel it is more important that the children are in the correct level of class, then making sure a student is with their exact age group. We ask that for your respect in regards to our expertise in placing students in classes. We desire to see every student grow and achieve the most within our classes. When a class is too challenging, they may not be able to grasp and learn proper technique. Likewise, when it is too easy, a student may not grow as a dancer.
Dropping a class
In order to avoid late fees and prevent yourself from being charged for a class you wish to drop, you must submit a written notice of your intention of dropping a class. The best way to drop the class is to contact the enrollment coordinator by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If we do not receive a completed drop form prior to the 1st of any month, you will continued to be charged monthly tuition as you are ultimately paying for a spot in a class of instruction that otherwise could have been filled with another student.