Every June, A Step Above puts on an annual recital. The recital is an opportunity for a dancer to perform in front of friends and family in a professional atmosphere (local theatre, costumes, and rehearsed choreography).
ANNUAL RECITAL OVERVIEW
- Recital session begins January 1st and focuses on choreography (Fall session focuses on technique).
- 2020 Recital Dates: June 22-28
- On average, costumes cost $50.00 and usually includes a combination of accessories (number and type of accessory vary).
- Costume balance is due by the 15th of January and are non-refundable.
- All students who choose to perform in the recital are assessed a $75.00 Recital Fee in May. This fee gives the dancer professional recital photos of each dance they are in, access to digital copies of all shows, and a cast t-shirt.
- A professional photo shoot is set up during the 1st week of June at the studio to capture each class in their recital costume.
- Mandatory Rehearsal is usually the week of the show. Rehearsal allows your student to run their routine on stage, in full costume and make-up.
- We typically host 6-8 shows depending on the number of students performing in the recital. Shows normally take place on a Thursday - Sunday. Shows average 2.5 hours. Note: If your student is taking multiple classes, the chances are higher they will be performing across multiple shows. Also, siblings don't always perform in the same show if they are in different classes.
- Recital tickets are through an online 3rd party and go on sale at the beginning of June.
Take a look at last year's recital...